- Back to Home »
- Questions for Potential Directors
Posted by : Julie Meyer 24 August 2017
You've read our post "Call for Directors" and you're considering applying. Great! We ask that you write a cover letter introducing yourself and listing three references (including name, address and phone number), and that you attach your answers to the following questions.
1. Please provide a brief narrative of your theatrical background.
2. Please list the last three shows you directed, and the size and age-range of the cast.
3. Please say a few words about your people skills. MYT depends on many volunteers and their willingness to show up depends in part on the atmosphere of camaraderie and the degree of support they receive from the production crew in general and the director in particular.
4. Please outline your directing style and technique, and your concept for each show of interest. Please include any thoughts about set design, lighting design, props, costumes, etc. This is your chance to sell yourself and your vision and to give us an idea of what to expect with you at the helm of one of our productions.
If you have questions, please email email@example.com. When you are ready, please email your Cover Letter and your answers to these 4 questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest!